The Governing Body of Sandhills Community Primary School takes its responsibility under section 11 of the Children Act and duties under “working together” to safeguard and promote the welfare of children very seriously. We work with other agencies to ensure arrangements exist within our setting to identify, and support those children who are suffering harm or are likely to suffer harm. Please read our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy for more information.
Safeguarding Policy (A copy of this link is also on the School Policies page)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business!
Everyone in the education service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by:Providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn in education settings.Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Keeping children safe in education
Sandhills Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. It is the responsibility of all school staff, governors and volunteers to keep children safe.
Sandhills Community Primary School will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure and are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that staff can identify welfare concerns and take appropriate action to address their concerns
- Ensure children know that there are adults in the school whom they can approach if they are worried
- Include opportunities in PHSE curriculum for children to develop the skills they need to recognise and stay safe from abuse
- Recognise that each pupil’s welfare is of paramount importance and that some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse e.g. those with special educational needs, those living in adverse circumstances or those who witness violence.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A SAFEGUARDING CONCERN
During the school day please contact: Mrs Coleman
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Telephone : 01865 433000
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB
Mrs Anna Pirie – Deputy Safeguarding Lead
OUT OF SCHOOL HOURS
Please contact the Multi Assessment Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Telephone: 0345 050 7666
Online safety : please see our online safety page: https://sandhills.oxon.sch.uk/information/school-information/safety/
The statutory guidance refers to the importance of Prevent awareness training to equip staff to identify children at risk of being drawn into terrorism and to challenge extremist ideas. All staff have also completed online training on the Prevent Strategy.